Most of us would not be finding ourselves travelling during the Monsoon as we associate it with mud & slush, lots of rain, slippery roads etc. But considering that Monsoons make for a very romantic setting its probably a great time to go away with your better half and rekindle all the romance between you two. And the experience of visiting a place will feel more personal due to less crowd presence around these destinations. There are a number of places that offer equally exciting views during the rains as they do during peak season. The author has picked out such places that can be visited during the Monsoons. Team RetyrSmart
Rekindle your romance this Monsoon season
Visit these 10 places during monsoon season to avoid the rush of peak season:
1) Coorg, Karnataka: This place is perfect for a weekend getaway if you live in Bangalore as it is just 270 km away. This place is surrounded by gorgeous coffee plantations and makes for a wonderful road trip. If you are an adventure junkie, then definitely go for trekking to the highest peak of Tadiandamol.
2) Udaipur, Rajasthan: If you want to escape the crowd but don’t want to experience rain, then Udaipur is the perfect place for you. Udaipur is deemed as one of the most romantic cities of India. It also harbours some of the most beautiful lakes like Lake Pichola and Fateh Sagar Lake.
3) Mount Abu, Rajasthan: Being the only hill station in a dry state like Rajasthan, it offers a mix of both adventure and nature. It is also a popular place for a honeymoon trip.
4) Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand: It is best to visit this place during monsoons. It is only during the monsoon that one gets to experience the full bloom of 400 varieties of flowers. And the breath-taking view makes it worthwhile.
5) Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra: This place is perfect for all your impromptu plans. You can easily plan a short but eventful trip without much hassle. Venna Lake, Marpo Garden, Pratapgad and Lingamala falls are some of the places worth visiting here.
6) Cherrapunji, Meghalaya: Being the second rainiest place on earth, tourism over here during monsoon is not everyone’s cup of tea. But if you want to see some great views then this place offers quite bewitching views during monsoon.
7) Lonavala, Maharashtra: This place is mostly visited by people living on the west coast as it is close to Mumbai and Pune. Trekking, sightseeing and camping are some of the things one can experience here.
8) Wayanad, Kerala: The main attraction of this hill station is the 3-day monsoon festival ‘splash’. This carnival conducts activities like off-roading, mud football, zip line, tug of war and boating. You can also enjoy treks and camping here.
9) Munnar, Kerala: For all the nature lovers this place is handpicked for you. Its tranquillity and the scenic views make up for a perfect getaway destination.
10) Aleppey, Kerala: The blooming plants and green trees makes Kerala beautiful during monsoon. Apart from offering spectacular views it also offers a dust-free environment and backwater cruise..