According to Ayurveda, Hypertension sets in the system when pitta (combination of fire and water elements in nature) is vitiated for significant period of time along with the dominance of rajas guna (the principle of restlessness and activity). In other words, a stressful, hectic work life and dietary indiscipline with no rest for the mind and body are significant causes of hypertension. This articles talks about home remedies based on Ayurveda that could help control hypertension. Team RetyrSmart
Hypertension? Try these 7 Ayurveda based home remedies
Nowadays, people are aware of the benefits of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. They are willing to walk an extra mile, both literally and figuratively, to seek healthy options. The recent years have seen a significant rise in minimalist living and organic choices. People are managing hypertension with the help of two pronged approach – incorporating healthier exercise routines for both the body and mind, and by making dietary changes and resorting to an Ayurveda-prescribed diet.
Breathe Out Stress
One of the root causes of hypertension is stress, which is signalled by vitiated pitta. If you are equipped with tools to manage stress, half the battle is won. Stress increases the secretion of glucagon hormones in the body, which are responsible for increasing blood glucose levels. Yogasanas (postures), pranayama (breathing exercises), meditation, and sudarshan kriya along with a proper diet have been proven to reduce glucagon, which further improves insulin action.
The yogic science of breath is precisely 5000 years old, which is known to promote better health and wellness. It is one of the first sciences to recognise the impact of mind and emotions on creating and restoring optimal health. One of the most comprehensive breathing techniques derived from this science is sudarshan kriya. This breathing technique employs specific rhythms of breath that eliminate stress, support various organs and systems within the body, transform overpowering emotions, and restore peace of mind, thus, supporting the whole mind-body system.
Home Remedies For High Blood Pressure Are:
1. Watermelon and apple can control blood pressure. One cup of watermelon juice early morning on an empty stomach is very beneficial.
2. Those who go for morning walk should keep a small piece of ginger with 4-5 basil leaves and 4-5 small cubes of rock sugar in their mouth. This should be slowly sucked in order to control the blood pressure.
3. A glass of warm lemon water can be consumed with a teaspoon of honey, two to three times a day.
4. Potatoes, especially boiled, may help in lowering blood pressure. Boil them with their skin so that they absorb lesser amount of salt. A salt-free diet is recommended for patients with high blood pressure.
5. Coriander powder mixed with honey can help manage blood pressure.
6. Raw vegetable juices should be consumes, especially carrot and spinach. Spinach and carrot can be eaten in soups or salads too.
7. Chew 20 neem leaves with water every morning…………