Salads were typically what we went for when we wanted to eat light especially when in our weight loss mode. And had much against our wishes. It seems to be more simplistic thought it looks like. There is much more to salads than weight loss. Salads can be made to taste really good. Preparing salads are not such a big deal usually. And the benefits of having salads as part of your diet is numerous. You may know some of them for sure. Still, take a look at all the benefits as listed out by the author in the piece below. May find yourself saying yet to salad more often. Team RetyrSmart
Healthy eating made fun when you say yes to salads
The benefits of salad are –
- A feeling of fullness like never before – A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don’t even need to be repetitive. A little modification; and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration–Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia– If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. ‘Lactucarium’, a substance found in lettuce, works miraculously (miracles) to treat insomnia.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained –A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensures that important vitamins and minerals are not lost.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries is a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you. Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow.
- Walnut oil, sunflower oil (organic), olive oil and pumpkin seed oil are rich in omega fatty acids. Using these oils in salad dressings can be extremely beneficial.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.