Sourced with thanks from indiatvnews.com
There has been a lot of discussion and feedback from health experts and nutritionists about the health benefits of jaggery (or gur). It may make sense to replace your sugar use with jaggery is a common view one is hearing these days. It’s as a good time as any for you to understand the health benefits of jaggery and the benefits as compiled by the author in the article below will give you a better handle on how well it could work for you. Please keep in mind that jaggery consumption could impact sugar levels of diabetic patients and is also quite high in calories. Team RetyrSmart
Explore jaggery as a healthy choice over sugar
Health benefits of jaggery
- Dealing with the problem of dry skin in winters? Jaggery can help. The consumption of jaggery can improve your skin quality.
- Jaggery can be very helpful to people who deal with the problem of high blood pressure and hypertension. Jaggery can dilate blood vessels which allows smooth flood flow resulting in a decline in overall blood pressure.
- Jaggery helps stimulating digestive enzymes and improve your digestion. Consuming jaggery after meals can also help reducing acidity and gas.
To find Retirement friendly inputs in your Inbox
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- If dandruff and hair fall is troubling you, then you should increase jaggery’s consumption can help you deal with your hair problems.
- Jaggery has rich fibre which helps you treat constipation
- The presence of zinc and selenium in jaggery allows it to at a natural liver detoxifier and blood purifier.
Consumption of jaggery by mixing in warm water after your meal can boost your immunity to cough, cold and other common winter ailments.
- Jaggery is full of minerals like iron, selenium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus that help to improve your body’s immunity.
- Joint pain in winters can really trouble you. You can prepare laddoos with dry ginger powder (1/2 tsp), black sesame seeds (1 tbsp), some ghee and jaggery (as per the level of sweetness you want). Consume these laddoos regularly in winter to reduce joint pain.
- Jaggery also acts as a detoxifier for lungs so if rising air pollution is troubling you, you must try jaggery not that it will resolve the problem but will surely help.