WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in India. It goes without saying that many of us actually spend a fair amount of time on WhatsApp. And on Android devices. To secure your WhatsApp contents from unwanted and inadvertent peeking, you could enable the fingerprint lock. The author of the article below takes you through a step by step process to activate the fingerprint lock on your WhatsApp. Team RetyrSmart
Enable Fingerprint Lock on WhatsApp on Android
You can enable the fingerprint lock on WhatsApp by visiting the privacy settings of the app. I have tested this feature on multiple Android devices and it works flawlessly. Here is the step-by-step guide you can follow to secure your chats on WhatsApp.
- Tap on the three-dot menu on the top right of WhatsApp and then tap on Settings.
- Here, tap on Accounts and then on Privacy.
- Scroll down to find the “Fingerprint lock” option and tap on it. Now, tap on the toggle to turn it on.
- In the next step, WhatsApp will ask you to confirm your fingerprint so touch on the fingerprint sensor of your device to confirm it. Once confirmed, you will see that there is an option to set the “Automatically Lock” time. You can choose between immediately, 1 minute, and 30 minutes.
Finally, there’s a toggle to enable/disable message previews. It is turned on by default which means you will be able to see messages in notifications. If you want to turn off message preview, turn off this toggle.
- Once you have enabled the fingerprint lock, this is how your WhatsApp will open if anyone wants to access it without your permission.
While we have been able to lock WhatsApp and any other app for that matter using various third-party apps on Android, it’s great to have a native option as it’s more secure and streamlined.