Source with thanks from femina.in
According to Luke Coutinho “The way nature is designed is according to the circadian, which is the way forward. I call it the ‘new way of living’, which actually is not new, but human beings have gotten disconnected from it slowly. I think if we align all that we do, according to the circadian rhythm, it will help restore, regain, and reset our health in a huge way”. Learn more about the things he recommends for you to lead a healthier life. Team RetyrSmart
Check out this “new way of living” that can make for a healthier life
Here’s how a day according to circadian rhythm will look somewhat like, in Coutinho’s view:
1. Waking up with the rising sun.
2. Avoid looking at gadgets right after waking up, and use this time to connect within, with nature, soak up natural sunlight and expose to nature in any way possible.
To find Retirement friendly inputs in your Inbox
Subscribe to our Newsletter
3. Avoid eating anything until the sun rises.
4. Consume coffee or tea only after three hours of waking up.
5. Eat, workout, sleep, and wake up around the same times every day to build a rhythm.
6. Consume maximum calories for breakfast and lunch and minimum for dinner. Let dinner be the leanest meal of the day.
- Eat the last meal of the day before or during sunset and fast through the night (dry or intermittent, based on whatever is comfortable) and only break it the next day after sunset. This automatically results in a 12-hour effortless fast in the most natural way.8. Keep a 2- or 3-hour gap between dinner and bed-time
- Disconnect from blue/artificial light close to bedtime. Such kinds of lights suppress melatonin secretion. This should be done at least 1-2 hours before bedtime, the earlier the better. Plan your day if you want to fit in television or other modes of recreation.
By far, this has been one of the most powerful lifestyle changes people have made during the lockdown and there have been thousands of positive testimonials from people who have embraced it, he signs off.