There is a lot more talk around Vitamin D, or more importantly around the lack of it. Sunlight is considered one of the best natural sources of Vitamin D, but then not many of us spend any amount of time in direct sunlight these days. So, shortages have to be met by supplements. Before we get down to that its important to understand what are the symptoms that might indicate a Vitamin D deficiency. The author lists out what you should be looking out for. Team RetyrSmart
Check out if you are deficient in Vitamin D
Here are symptoms of vitamin D deficiency that you should not ignore
- You always feel tired: You may eat healthy diet, follow a healthy lifestyle, or have a good night sleep, but you still feel tired at all times. Well, it may be an indication that your body is not having sufficient amount of vitamin D. Taking vitamin D supplements or including foods that are rich in vitamin D will allow you to overcome your chronic tiredness.
- You feel depressed: You are feeling depressed lately, still you ignore it and not take proper action can further decrease the levels of vitamin D in your body. Involve yourself in doing simple workouts, meditation, yoga, etc., will allow you to feel relax.
- You have a constant sweaty forehead: Almost everyone faces a little sweat on their forehead and wipe it away without giving it a thought. However, you should know that it is one of the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency.
- You feel bone and muscle pain constantly: Constant muscle and bone pain is a sign that your bones are losing their strength and is an indication of deficiency of vitamin D.
- You experience sexual problems: You may be quite healthy and have the required energy and mood to involve in your sexual activity. However, you are not getting a firmer erection to perform better in your bed. This can be due to a lack of vitamin D in your body. Thus, you should be careful and not ignore it, discuss it with, both your partner and doctor for the right treatment.
- You are susceptible to bone fractures: Vitamin D plays a vital part in strengthening your bones. Therefore, take vitamin D supplements to make your bones stronger.
- You are deprived of sleep: Vitamin D deficiency can be the reason behind your sleep deprivation and as it is closely associated with sleep apnea. It is a serious disorder as it affects the flow of oxygen to your brain and to your other body parts.