The temperatures have started to soar and many of you must be planning to holiday in cooler climes abroad. Amidst the fun and frolic, do not forget to pack a travel insurance policy. It covers you in unforeseen circumstances such as medical emergencies, flight delays, baggage loss etc. While it is a mandatory requirement for certain countries, it’s advisable to acquire a good travel insurance for wherever you go.
Let’s understand the benefits of travel insurance.
Trip Cancellation: Your insurance policy has your back in the event of cancellation or delay of your flight. While the reasons covered differ from policy to policy, the ones that are typically taken care of include cancellation due to weather related issues, business conflict, delay in processing your passport, illness or injury etc. The insurance company typically pays the difference between the total amount you paid for the trip and the refund you get from the vendor.
Medical Assistance: If you fall ill or get injured while traveling due to change in climate, bacterial or viral infection, not being able to adapt to a new diet or so on, getting medical attention in a foreign country could be challenging and even expensive due to currency conversion rates. This is when a Travel Insurance plan comes handy. A travel insurance policy can help you cover your hospitalisation costs which can be huge in a foreign country.
Covers Against Loss Of Baggage: A travel insurance policy provides with compensation in the event of loss of baggage, passport and other documents etc.
It’s For Everyone: From infants to senior citizens, travel insurance covers travelers of all age. In fact, candidates up to the age of 85 years can avail travel insurance without undergoing any medical tests.
Exclusions: Similar to any other health policy, travel insurance doesn’t offer protection for pre-existing conditions. However, there are policies which cover ailments that are life threatening.
Different Travel Insurance Plans Available
The travel plans that are currently available in the market include:
• Domestic travel insurance plans, which cover domestic travel
• Travel insurance plans with worldwide coverage, including USA and Canada
• Travel insurance plans with worldwide coverage, excluding USA and Canada
• Travel insurance plans designed especially for the Asian countries
• Senior citizen travel Insurance plans
• Corporate travel Insurance plans
• Travel insurance plans based on the frequency of travel – single trip travel plan or annual multi-trip travel plan
What Are The Things You Must Look For While Buying Travel Insurance
There are many travel insurance plans available in the market. To make sure that you pick the right one, keep an eye out for the following features:
• The destination you are travelling to is covered
• There is a medical emergency hotline you can reach out to
• It must cover all family members you are travelling with
• It must have a good feedback on claim settlement
• It should cover the duration of your trip
Before you zero in on a product, go online and compare all the products available in the market to find the one that best suits your requirements…